Co-amoxiclav is a combination of Amoxicillin and Potassium Clavulanate (clavulanic acid) indicated in the treatment of infections due to susceptible isolates of the designated bacteria.
- LRTIs such as tonsillitis and sinusitis.
- Otitis media.
- URTIs such as broncho and lobar-pneumonia, acute and chronic bronchitis.
- UTIs such as female genital infections, cystitis, urethritis and pyelonephritis.
- Skin and soft tissue infections.
- Pre and post-operative infections.
- Gonorrheal infections.
Amoxicillin component of the formulation exerts a bactericidal action against many strains of gram-positive and gram- negative organisms.
Clavulanic acid causes inactivation of susceptible beta-lactamase which protects amoxicillin from degradation by beta –lactamase enzymes produced by penicillin resistant strains of bacteria.
|High clearance rate of bacteria load.||Reduces the chance of relapse.|
|Rapidly effective.||High cure rate.|
|Cost-effective.||Affordable to patient.|
Co-amoxiclav 1g: 1 table twice daily.
Co-amoxiclav 625mg: 1 tablet twice daily.
Co-amoxiclav 228.5ml: Depends on body weight.